Hey Sugar devs!
Spring is in the air (for the northern hemisphere)! This can mean only two things: allergy season has started and a new Sugar On-Site release is now available.
Let me introduce to you Sugar 9.0!
See below for all the information Sugar Developers need to know. Sugar end users can be directed over to one of the official Sugar release announcements: the Sugar Spring '19 announcement is for cloud customers and the Sugar 9.0 announcement is for on-premise customers.
In our recent developer webinar we gave an overview of the important changes coming in the Sugar 9.0 On-Site and Sugar Spring ‘19 cloud releases:
The slides from that webinar are available here.
Did you miss the webinar? Want to make sure you’re the first to know about important Sugar product changes? Make sure you are signed up for Sugar Developer News!
Here's a quick overview of what can be expected if upgrading from Winter ‘19
- Group Outbound Email Support
- SugarBPM™ improvements
- Performance and scalability improvements
In addition to the above, here are some of the many additional updates you’ll see if upgrading from Sugar 8.0.
- Reporting improvements including report scheduling
- Data Privacy improvements including double opt-in
- New Quotes configuration panel
- Emoji support on MySQL (utf8mb4 conversion)
- Updates to JS libraries including upgrading to jQuery 3
- Added PHP 7.3 support
- Updated Microsoft stack support for those hosting on Windows
- More performance and scalability improvements
Check out the below resources for the rest of the details.