Tag Editor

Hi Everyone,

Is there a way to see all of the tags in SugarCRM and delete those that may have typos or we no longer use so that they no longer appear in auto-complete?

Parents
  • Hi , yes, this is possible.

For example, if your Sugar instance is birdzell.sugarondemand.com, you can visit https://birdzell.sugarondemand.com/#Tags

This will give you a List View of Tags, and my recommendation is to select checkboxes for the typos and the correct spelling, and then Merge the records - that will ensure that you both remove the typos and re-tag the records with the correct one.

I would strongly recommend using the merge feature because I find it faster than going into a Tag, and manually retagging individual Accounts and Leads etc.

If you don't retag (whether manually or using the Merge feature), then deleting the Tag means those Accounts/Opps/etc will lose the Tag altogether, and you may find it harder to find them.

This is similar in principle to how you might manage removal of options from a dropdown - always ensure the records have a valid value before removing the dropdown value.

Hope this helps!

Adam

• Hi , yes, this is possible.

For example, if your Sugar instance is birdzell.sugarondemand.com, you can visit https://birdzell.sugarondemand.com/#Tags

This will give you a List View of Tags, and my recommendation is to select checkboxes for the typos and the correct spelling, and then Merge the records - that will ensure that you both remove the typos and re-tag the records with the correct one.

I would strongly recommend using the merge feature because I find it faster than going into a Tag, and manually retagging individual Accounts and Leads etc.

If you don't retag (whether manually or using the Merge feature), then deleting the Tag means those Accounts/Opps/etc will lose the Tag altogether, and you may find it harder to find them.

This is similar in principle to how you might manage removal of options from a dropdown - always ensure the records have a valid value before removing the dropdown value.

Hope this helps!

Adam

Children
No Data