I would like to make sure that I understand what happens to an imported module in SugarOnDemand.
Here is what I have observed:
- I import a custom module via Module Loader.
- The module is now visible in Module Builder. I can make changes to fields/view at will. I do not see the module in Studio, nor can I expose it with a tab via Display Modules and Subpanels.
- I now deploy the module. The module is no longer visible under Module Builder. It does appear in Studio and I can expose it now via Display Modules and Subpanels.
All correct so far?
Several questions then.
- At the post-deployed stage, it appears that I can add new fields, change field sizes and change layouts. But it appears that I cannot delete a field? Is that correct? Is there no way to delete a field once a module has been deployed? What if I had several large fields that I no longer needed, but wanted to get rid of so they didn't count against my maximum record size?
- After deployment, can I now export the module in its most current state?