Hey Sugar Devs!
Sugar 12.3 (Q1 2023) is here! You can now find Sugar 12.3.0 builds over in the Developer Builds group.
We recently held a developer webinar with all the technical details you need to know. You can find the Recording and Slides in the Event Recaps section.
- Important reminder: ExternalResourceClient must be used instead of cURL. Loads of training and enablement materials about ExternalResourceClient are readily available, so prioritize updating your code in order to support 12.3 and up.
- UI Redesign: We reiterated the changes to the navigation header and the footer relocation into the new sidebar navigation. Modules were also relocated to the sidebar navigation (also called 'rail') with more icons representing modules than before. We also covered the different components, layouts, and views an dhow to identify customizations that need to be refactored.
- UX Enhancements covered:
- console usability improvements- cases are now clickable, new focus drawer tabs instead of breadcrumbs, and a smoother agent experience in records.
- calculated dropdown fields- formulas are better than custom code, offload heavy customizations from SugarBPM, and focus on simple admin configurations.
- Sugar Automate (formerly known as Customer Journey Plugin) is available with Sell Premier 12.3+, Sell and Serve 12.3+ as an add-on, and Enterprise 13.0+ as an add-on.
- PHP Library Upgrades: detailed minor and major version updates that were non-breaking and major version upgrades with breaking changes
- A new library health check was introduced to identify incompatibilities upon upgrade.
- minor notes on time zone syncs, compatibility fixes, language dropdown, the addition of links to SugarOutfitters for admins and end-users
- SugarOutfitters: addition of webhook authentication as per community request, Sugar Customer Portal single sign-on availability, and the new primary login process.
Developer Impacts for this Release
- UI Redesign might impact your customizations, check our technical guide for details.
- Q1 2023 (12.3) has multiple JS and PHP library upgrades, some introduce breaking changes
- You can review our blog post to help you refactor your code.
- After the upgrade, admins to set your module names and icons
- Use Calculated Dropdown Fields instead of custom code or SugarBPM
- You will be introducing Sugar Automate as part of the core Sugar products
- All previous Automate-related packages will be uninstalled automatically during the Upgrade to 12.3
- Sugar has built a Smarty compatibility layer for now but you must update your code to support Smarty 4.2.x
For Sugar Developers working on the new product releases, we've prepared a Sugar 12.3 (Q1 2023) Customization Guide in our Dev Tutorials section.
For all the Admin and End User details, you can visit the Sugar 12.3.0 Release Notes on the Support site.