October Office Hours Recap
Our October Developer Office Hours session was centered on the long-awaited UI/UX Redesign coming in January 2023’s Sugar 12.3 release. It was a fantastic opportunity to share all there is to know about the new UI/UX and walk you, developer and partner, through the technical details that will come with it.
In the session, recorded here, our developers and partners:
- Were given a thorough walk-through of the platform redesign by Sugar’s own Brett Christensen, who also shared the motivations for our design choices
- Listened to Rafael Fernandes give a deep dive into the change, where Rafael:
- Explained who will be affected by Sugar’s redesign
- Detailed actions and timing around refactoring the code for your Sugar instance, so the upgrade does not interfere with any customizations
- Walked through the Technical Guide that is a resource for this redesign
- Heard some common customization use cases that will be impacted during 12.3 upgrades, where Scott King recommended steps on how best to refactor for these cases.
Our partners and developers affected by the upcoming redesign will continue to hear from us to ensure you have plans for refactoring code so that the upgrade to the newly redesigned platform is a positive experience for customers and our users!
The Q&A was lively with lots of discussion about refactoring, how to position menus, and what happens on upgrades and customizations. If you've customized the Header or Footer on your implementations or you are a UI/UX enthusiast, then you should listen in for this discussion.
Let us know how we are doing!
We are now 3 sessions into our newly launched Developer Office Hours and would love your feedback so we can continue to improve and better serve you!
Take this short survey to help us help you.
Next Session Sign-Up
Developer Office Hours are held on the first Wednesday of every month at 10 am ET / 7 am PT. The next session is being held on November 2nd, use this link to register.