In case you missed it..
We've just finished our two Sugar Developer Webinars for the upcoming Q3 2022 (12.1) release. The Q3 2021 (12.1) release will be available in a few short weeks so now is the time to start getting ready!
We had over 60 attendees for the live webinars from over 20 different countries! Our developer community is truly an international team! We also had some healthy Q & A that you can listen to in the recording.
- Sugar's Report Viewer module has a Modern new look with an amazing User Experience, flexible, nice-looking, and more comfortable to use
- Our Forecast Worksheet has gone through some changes to make it easier for managers to do pipeline inspection with their team, we also added some additional responsive and metric filtering.
- Sugar Customers now can work with their Dropbox file storage directly within Sugar by using CloudDrive.
- We are replacing PHP cURL in Sugar! Introducing
ExternalResourceClientyour new transport client
- Sugar now provides developers an easy way to disable automatic rollback of MLPs in case of failures for better troubleshooting
- We've improved Redis caching mechanisms through compression levels.
Developer Impacts in this Release
- If you use curl_, stream_ or socket_, you are impacted by this release
- You will need to replace your CURL code to use our new ExternalResourceClient
- If you provide Dropbox integration through custom code, you might need to re-evaluate your offering
- If you customized Forecasting Worksheet, check your customizations
We are working on a detailed blog post and documentation on our new ExternalResourceClient that replaces the use of PHP cURL in Sugar code customizations. Keep an eye on our Dev Blog for more updates!