Sugar Summer '19 release is officially live! There's a huge buzz around our offices for this release - it's very exciting! Summer '19 introduces brand new Sugar products as well as many enhancements for existing Sugar Professional and Sugar Enterprise customers.
We recently held a webinar with an overview of what is in the Summer '19 release. If you missed it, watch the recording here or view the slides from this post. Note: Sugar 9.1 (Summer '19) is a cloud-only Sugar release. On-premise customers must wait until Sugar 10.0 (Spring '20) to obtain the feature enhancements provided in this release.
Here's the TL;DR for those of you looking for a quick list:
- SugarIdentity service is out of beta. SugarIdentity is a set of user authentication and access management microservices that will improve how we manage Sugar cloud users today. It offers improved OAuth 2.0 support, leverages OpenID Connect, and supports SAML Web Single Sign On (SSO) with the MS Outlook Plug-In. Read more about SugarIdentity in our post called What you need to know about the new SugarIdentity service! All new SugarCloud customers in the Americas, including those customers of our new Sugar Sell and Sugar Serve products, are using SugarIdentity today.
- Sugar products now support TLS encryption for LDAP single sign-on.
- A new field on user records, License Type, has been added to allow administrators to grant each user access to one or more products including SugarCRM's newest offerings, Sugar Sell and Sugar Serve.
- NEW PRODUCTS!! We are very excited to announce 3 new products:
- Sugar Market is a rebranding of Sugar's recently-acquired marketing automation solution, SalesFusion.
- Sugar Sell is our award-wining sales automation solution.
- Sugar Serve is Sugar's new customer engagement center solution.
- The new SugarCloud Insights page allows administrators to easily monitor their instance's database and file system storage usage, license usage, as well as gain access to PHP error logs and access logs.
- Shareable dashboards now include custom user-created filters.
- Tile View : For cases, tasks, and opportunities, a new view has been added that displays records as tiles in a familiar interactive, drag-and-drop interface.
- Bug and Case bean classes now extend \Issue instead of \Basic class.
- A new direction field has been added to the Emails module. The possible values are inbound, outbound, internal, unknown.